What are the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures?
Whether you’re considering surgical or non-surgical cosmetic procedures – The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has reported what the most popular procedures have been and the increase in procedures.
As we age, many factors affect our bodies and skin such as; lifestyle, diet, heredity, and other personal habits. Gravity, facial movement and sleep positions are secondary factors that contribute to changes in the skin. When the skin loses its elasticity, gravity causes drooping of the eyebrows and eyelids, looseness and fullness under the cheeks and jaw (jowls and “double chin”), longer ear lobes, saggy boobs, loose skin stomach, arms and legs.
What can be done? The only way to reverse the effects of aging is to have an excellent, reputable and caring plastic surgeon that has plenty of experience in both surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Dr. Shlomo Widder has over 30 years of experience, is board certified and a member of ASPS, American Society of Plastic Surgeons and ASAPS, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
While many surgeries will never go out of style like; Breast Augmentations, Breast Implants and Tummy Tucks, many people are scheduling minimally-invasive procedures. The ASPS has seen a 200 percent increase in Botox, Fillers, and Chemical Peels. Each year, the number of plastic surgery cases increase, with a 2 percent increase in surgical procedures from 2016 to 2017 (2018 data won’t be available until 2019). So, what were the most popular surgeries of 2017 into early 2018?
- Breast augmentation: Boob jobs will probably never go out of style. The enhancement of a patient’s boobs through the insertion of breast implants, was the most popular surgery according to the ASPS.
- Liposuction: 246,354 liposuction procedures were performed in 2017, 5 percent more than in 2016, per the ASPS. Liposuction can be performed under general anesthesia or local anesthesia, alongside other procedures, the relative convenience perhaps accounting for so much popular interest.
- Rhinoplasty: The third most popular surgery was the “nose job.”
- Eyelid surgery: Roughly the same number of nose jobs were performed as eyelid surgeries—or blepharoplasty, if you’re fancy. In 2017, physicians performed 209,571 total eyelid surgeries, which serve to tighten sagging skin or drooping eyelids, and can help reverse under-eye bags, the ASPS says.
- Tummy tuck: Also known as abdominoplasty, the removal of excess abdominal fat and skin and, often, the restoration of weakened stomach muscles rounded off the Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures list.
What do you think of this list? Are any of the 5 listed a procedure that you’re considering? If so, don’t trust your plastic surgery to just anyone. Make sure to check credentials, experience and reviews to ensure you’re in good hands. Dr. Shlomo Widder has over 30 years of experience, is board certified and a member of ASPS, American Society of Plastic Surgeons and ASAPS, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Conveniently located in Vienna, VA to serve the Northern Virginia, Washington DC and Maryland area. Call today to schedule your free consultation.
*Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary from person to person. Images may contain models.